Raildecks™ gives you a faster, smarter Road-to-Rail solution.
Raildecks’ revolutionary flat-deck design now means industrial freight can access the Class 1 railroads’ extensive intermodal network that extends throughout North America. With billions of dollars invested in physical infrastructure and equipment, Class 1 railroads have the capacity and long-term vision to deliver transportation services at truck-like speed.
- Raildecks container loaded on to a chassis and drayed to shippers yard.
- Cargo is loaded and secured onto Raildeck container, then secured and tarped.
- Raildecks container is prepped for transportation to the intermodal rail terminal. Cargo will not be handled again until destination point.
- Driver in-gates at the intermodal terminal for rail transportation.
- Intermodal terminal transfers the Raildecks container to a well car using high-speed overhead loaders or side loaders.
- Containers are double stacked for transportation and cost efficiency.
- The intermodal train travels non-stop from the origin terminal to the destination terminal at speeds up to 70mph. This service can move freight across North America in four days, matching or exceeding truck service.
- Raildeck container is transferred from rail to chassis and is ready for pickup.
- Driver connects to chassis and out-gates from the destination intermodal terminal.
- Customer receives cargo in same condition as when loaded.